Jubilee River runs through Slough and we want you to enjoy it safely. It may look an inviting place to cool off in hot weather. BUT there are hidden dangers which make going into the water harmful and may lead to drowning.
Risk of serious injury and death
In an emergency, call 999 immediately
• Water is very cold and stops the body working quickly - cold water shock
• Depth changes - very deep in most places and shallow in others
• Strong currents can drag a person under the water
• Fast flowing water which can get faster at any moment
• Objects under the surface which can cause injuries e.g trolleys, glass
• Dirty or polluted water can cause illness
To find out more information please read the attached poster.