The NHS Long Term Plan aims to improve children’s health by making sure they get the right health checks at the right time.
The National Deaf Children's Society, in partnership with SeeAbility and Contact, has produced a guide to offer advice on how to prepare children with a learning disability, autism or both for hearing tests.
The guide explains:
- What you need to know about the ears and hearing
- Why ear and hearing care is important for your child
- Signs and hearing difficulties that you should look out for
- How your child's hearing will be tested
- How you can support your child to have a hearing test
- What can be done to help
- Where you can find out more
The PDF version of the guide can be downloaded from the National Deaf Children’s Society's website.