Skip to main content


Go back to results

Not found what you're looking for?

Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (CTPLD)

Organisation/Service Details

Organisation Details

Description of activity

The Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (CTPLD) help, advise and support people with a learning disability aged 18+ and their carers who live in the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
The team is made up of employees from Health and Optalis Adult Social Care Services (in partnership with the Royal Borough) and includes: social workers, assessment officers, community nurses, behavioural nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and speech and language therapists.

CTPLD Adult Social Care Services are responsible for safeguarding and are the people to contact if you are an adult with a learning disability and you do not feel safe or you are concerned about the safety of an adult with a learning disability.

If you have a learning disability and think Adult Social Care can help you find support to meet your needs, then we can assess your needs to see what help you need and whether you are eligible for paid support from the council.

If you are eligible, we will help you to plan your support and help you to review that support to make sure it is effective. If you are not eligible for paid support we will try to advise you of where you can find assistance to meet your needs. If you receive paid support from the council we will ask you to tell us about your income, assets and savings and you may have to contribute to some or all of the cost of your services.

If you care for a person with a learning disability and you think we can help you, we will assess your needs and help you to find ways to better manage your caring role. Paid support for carers is also subject to eligibility criteria. Adult Social Care will also try to advise you of other services or groups who may be able to help you improve your situation.

CTPLD Adult Learning Disability Health support people with learning disabilities to have better health and access to health services. We provide advice, support, assessment, treatment and therapies to support adults who have diagnosed learning disabilities. We work alongside GP’s who are still the lead clinician for the health of a person with learning disabilities. We work very closely with Social Services in a Joint Team and work with Care Providers, Hospitals, inpatient facilities, Health Care Professionals, family carers and of course the person with a learning disability. Our aim is to help and support people with a learning disability to stay as healthy as they can and have access to mainstream services where possible and to advise and liaise with the relevant health care professional to support people with their health needs.

Current address until 12th July: 3 Abell Gardens, Furze Platt Rd, Maidenhead SL6 6PS Phone: 01628 670117
New Address from 12th July below:

Organisation Contact Details

Contact Details

Contact Name

Address and Accessibility

Address Details

Address 1
St Marks Hospital
Address 2
St Marks Road


Accessible building
Accessible toilets
Parking facilities
Please enter any further details about your accessibility / specialist support

It is also on a bus route.


Availability Details

Description of Eligibility or Referral Criteria and Pathways (if applicable)

For Social Care – Adults who are 18+ years with a Learning Disability. An assessment will be completed to assess eligibility for a paid service. We would provide advice and signposting for those who do not meet criteria.

For Health - Adults who are 18+ years with a Learning Disability. If we are unsure that someone has a learning disability then an assessment may be carried out.
We work with children coming through transition from Children’s services by getting information at 16+ and we will start the transition planning at 17+. We are responsible for the Health Care from 18+, but children’s services will stay involved if the person is still at school and / or until the person is 19 to ensure a good and safe handover of care.
We work with people who are within the Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead Clinical Commissioning Group and have their GP within this area.

Note that an individual with a diagnose learning difficulty may also have associated needs as detailed in the 'supporting people with' information at the end of the page.
There is an open referral system where anyone can refer into the Team, including self-referrals. Referrals usually come via the Children’s services within transition or Social Services. The person with a learning disability needs to have given consent to have a referral made for them, or it has been assessed as being in their best interests.

Referrals can be made through the Children and Young People Disability Service if known to that service email

Self referral through:
Contact Advice and Information (central point of contact) on 01628 683744 for Social Care.
Social Care
Cases are allocated on basis of urgency. Social care will acknowledge referral within one week.

Cases are allocated on a basis of urgency and need.
There is a NHS 18 week target to providing the first advice / treatment for a new referral. If this does not happen we will keep in contact with you about when the referral will be allocated and support / treatment given.

Is there a cost for this service or activity
Please provide further details

For social care people are financially assessed for a contribution to their care. You can find further information on this on the RBWM website at the following link under financial assessment.

The NHS funds from the local Clinical Commissioning Group to Berkshire Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust who provides the Health Part of the WAM CTPLD Team. NHS care is free at the point of delivery.


Which categories suit this organisation?

This Organisation Supports
ADHD Autism / Aspergers Syndrome Learning Disability Mental Health Physical Disability Hearing Impairment Visual Impairment Communication Social and Emotional Needs Downs Syndrome
Health Services Support Services Organisations / Charities

Location Map


For a provision to be funded by the Local Authority, a child or young person will need to meet eligibility criteria and an assessment of need will be carried out to identify if provision is required.