The FUEL programme provides healthy food and enriching activities during school holidays to children who are eligible for benefits related to free school meals. It is funded by the government under the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme and is expected to run throughout 2024. In RBWM, the programme has been renamed FUEL (Feed Ur Everyday Lives).
The aim of the FUEL programme is:
- to eat healthily and understand nutrition
- to be more active through engaging and enriching activities
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated
- to learn more about the different services Achieving for Children have available in the local area
FUEL is not a free childcare programme, although on the days that FUEL is running we understand that the programme will help with childcare needs.
For information on the FUEL programme in 2022 please read our FUEL 2022 Annual report
Is my child eligible?
Priority places will be given to children aged 5 to 16 years (including 4 year olds if they are in reception) who are eligible for and receiving benefit related free school meals, and their families.
Extended eligibility criteria
We can also offer spaces to children who meet the following criteria:
- Accessing Pupil Premium
- Child in Care
- Child being supported by a Early Help or Social Care plan
- Young Carer
Please note that children not receiving free school meals need to be referred by a professional each programme
FUEL dates 2024
- Easter: Monday 8 April - Thursday 11 April
- Summer: Mondays - Thursdays, 29 July - 22 August
- Christmas: TBC
Any individuals who may need support with applying can contact the FUEL co-ordinator.
Email: [email protected]