Being a parent and raising children is one of the most important and rewarding jobs. At the same time it can be hard work and challenging. Babies as children change and develop at a rapid rate and parents need to adapt their approach to keep up. Parenting programmes are one type of support available to parents and carers, which provides them with the opportunity to develop their skills and strategies in parenting and raising their children.
Parenting programmes are mostly delivered to groups of parents and carers, who come together to work through a programme which has a track record of improving outcomes for families. The parenting programmes are delivered and facilitated by a trained worker who has experience of delivering the programme and supporting parents and carers to develop their parenting skills.
Please click on the links below to find out more about each of our group parenting programmes:
- Incredible Years: Parents of children with ADHD or ODD/CD
- Freedom Programme: Mothers experiencing domestic abuse
- Emotional First Aid: Parents who need support with own emotional wellbeing
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P): General Support for parents
- BAME Parenting groups: Supprot for parents within the BAME community
There is also information on how to support your child/young person with mental health, digital safety, substance miuse, exploitaion and emotional resilience. You can access the links to this information and information on parent workshops covering these topics by clicking here