↵The Royal Borough Windsor Maidenhead Council with Achieving for Children has established a Youth Council to represent all young people from across the borough.
- To represent and communicate the views and needs of young people within the RBWM council area to any relevant statutory, maintained or voluntary body.
- To act as advisors to the RBWM council and other agencies on issues affecting young people and raise any concerns with them.
- To work towards the improvement of the image, status and welfare of young people within the RBWM council area.
- The Youth Council will seek to communicate and liaise between, and where appropriate advise and support existing and new youth organisations within RBWM, with the assistance of the Youth Engagement Officer.
- The Youth Council will, where applicable, be involved in the organisation of events for young people including those with differing cultural and religious backgrounds and those with special or different needs.
- To celebrate the achievements and successes of young people in RBWM
- To advertise and promote the work of the Youth Council
As well as general Youth Council members, there are also named Youth Council roles. These roles include but are not limited to: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, PR officer and Overview and Scrutiny Panel members. We sometimes have non-voting adults sit on the Youth Council representing but not limited to the Council, Democratic Services and Children’s Services.The Youth Council may decide they want more/other roles or change the roles descriptions.
Our Chair, Deputy Chair, Secretary and PR officer have been elected by the Youth Council.
Chair: Robert Jansen-Spence
Vice Chair: Caitie Holden
Secretary: Jemima Price
PR Officer: Martha Powell
At the RBWM Youth Council we are keen to have our say in all matters of interest to us within the RBWM Council. We will have a standing item on our agenda which will be an update on the RBWM Council Forward Plan. You can check out the Forward Plan here. RBWM Council Forward Plan
The RBWM Youth Council communication team is working on starting RBWM Youth Council Instagram and Twitter in the coming weeks and months, To inform and engage young people in the area.
Watch this space to follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Please note this is a work in progress for the 2021/2022 timeframe RBWM Youth Council Constitution 2021.
You can view meeting dates, agendas and minutes from the Youth Council here:
If you want more information you can contact the RBWM Youth Council on YouthCouncil@rbwm.gov.uk Or Elaine Keating, Youth Engagement Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still accepting applications for Youth Councillors from schools that are not represented on the Youth Council. If you wish to apply to be on the RBWM Youth Council please complete our application form RBWM Youth Council Application Form
If you want to attend one of our meetings to get the views and opinions of young people in RBWM please get in touch with us via this form Participation Expression of Interest Form