Skip to main content


Children of service personnel

Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS)

When children of service parents move frequently from one school to another or between different educational systems obtaining appropriate provision can be complex.

Special Education Needs (SEN) 

If your child has Special Educational Needs then you are advised to register with CEAS. CEAS can help in the transfer process between LAs, ensuring that the needs of your child are met. If you are posted overseas and have a child with Special Educational Needs you must inform CEAS. Although Service Children’s Education (SCE) schools will try and meet the needs of your child they cannot cover all Special Educational Needs. If you arrive without having contacted CEAS you may find you are returned to the UK at your own expense if they cannot meet your child’s needs.

Find out more about the Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS)