Skip to main content

Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) and Employment

Being healthy and well - PfA

Until the age of 18, the care of children and young people with health needs comes under children's health and social care services. From the age of 18, they are usually the responsibility of adult services. This may mean that you may start seeing a different health team at your local hospital or health and social services department.

The video below shows the experiences of three young people at Great Ormond Street Hospital as they move from children's to adults healthcare services.